Scotsman Ice Makers from Italy have a long standing reliable history in the hospitality industry worldwide. We are glad to be able to offer this product to you, giving you a 3 year warranty to cover any unforseen problems. This unit can operate in up to 42°C ambient, making it a great addition to your outdoor entertaining area.
Some Important Information
- Front venting - units can breathe from the front, air IN/OUT.
- Front access to air filter, easily removable and washable.
- Front access to ON/OFF switch.
- Easily visable alarm light on front panel.
- Ice making capacity is measured with ambient at 21°C, it lessens as heat gets higher.
- Units can produce about 29-32kg a day, holding 12.5kg in storage ready to use, thats 4 x bags of ice!
- Crystal clear gourmet supercubes (21mm x 25mm, 8 grams).
- 403 stainless exterior.
- Easy bin access.
- Easy condensor filter removal for cleaning.
- Reliable electro-mechanic controls (not like all imported units now with PCB boards that constantly fail).
- 'Soft' door closing mechanism.
- Made in Italy.
- Vapor based microbial control system pouch in ice storage area.
- Water system (if you use this option) protected by patented anti-scale system.
- Optional remote water pump option for drainage if no drain is available.
- Special Agion antimicrobial agent embedded in moulded plastic parts (lessening chance of bacteria).
- CFC free R134A refrigerant.
- Brazilian compressor.
- Italian fan.
- 3 year Manufacturer warranty.
*This unit produces the 8g cubes, great for those cool drinks on hot summers day.
- Indoor (commercial, pub, hospitality)
- Outdoor (alfresco or commercial)
There are many variables that effect power consumption including ambient temperature, door open/close frequency, size of physical load in fridge, position of fridge, the set temperature, the climate and of course the efficiency of the fridges ability to get rid of hot air.
We base these ratings properly on normal operation in tough conditions, in most cases the units will run lower energy consumption than what we state.
*Glass door fridges do not have 'energy star ratings', as they are still classified under an 'outdated' Australian Standard as 'commercial' refrigeration. We expect this to change eventually so energy star ratings can be displayed, because since the renovation boom and alfresco area popularity the market has really embraced glass door refrigeration for domestic use now.
Many retailers and online sellers take the rating the factory tell them as gospel, in actual fact most of these are done is very easy going conditions, like in ambient of 20oC and with fridge set on 8oC, naturally this will use less energy than a unit tested in 38oC with setting on 2oC. It's dissappointing that this area of information isn't regulated properly yet with any standard, it makes the consumer choice harder to make.
Tip - Everyone's perception of noise is different of course, but just think about the location you are placing a unit, and be practicable. Naturally a HIGH rated unit is no good if near bedroom etc.
This chart really help understand, a room with 30Db is a room with nothing going, Db scale is very strange to understand.
- Italian Fan
- Embraco ECO Compressor runs 25% Cheaper